As we are all facing these challenging times, we at Maine-ly Apples want to make sure that we are doing everything possible to keep both our customers and ourselves safe. With that in mind, we have decided to make some changes for the 2021 season.
- The farmstand and pick-your-own will ONLY be open on Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays starting September 10 for the duration of the season. Both the farmstand and orchard will be closed to the public Monday-Thursday.
- When the farmstand is open, it will be set up in a way that will not allow entry into the building. We will not be offering our usual variety of local products. We will be limited to apples, cider, honey, pumpkins, and squash.
- Pick-your-own will be a "self-serve" station. Customers will choose the size bag from a table then both enter and exit the orchard only at designated areas. Customers should practice social distancing at all times, and families should stay together. The wearing of masks is recommended for your safety. The rows available for pick-your-own will have clear signs, and patrons should stay in marked rows at all times.
- Carts that are used for pick-your-own may be used, but patrons are asked to sanitize the cart's handle before and after each use. We will provide sanitizing wipes.
- We will be offering a hand washing station and hand sanitizer for customers' use. Apples should be washed before consumption and apple cores should be disposed of only in garbage receptacles.
- The farmstand will offer a limited supply of pre-picked apples in bushel boxes and in various size bags. Available varieties will change each week (as the apples ripen) and a current list will be posted on both our website and Facebook each week.
- We will press cider once a week in a very limited supply. It will be sold on a first come, first served basis and we will NOT be able to accommodate "holds" or special orders.
- If you are feeling ill, displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, or know you have been exposed to someone who is ill, PLEASE stay home.
We are a family-run business that has been serving customers since 1983. We understand that some of these changes may be inconvenient, but we ask for your understanding as we navigate these trying times. We have always strived to bring you quality fruit at reasonable prices, and we do so with a smile! Please regularly check our website and Facebook pages for updates. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.